9 September 2010

An Update You Say? Featuring: Raindance Film Festival, Black Peak & Life

Well to those of you who thought I had given up Blogging, think again! I'm back and ready to bring you my latest views and thoughts on all things film and television (with the odd bit of advertising). As some of you who follow me will know, I have recently completed my Masters in Producing Film and Television at Bournemouth University. With this in mind, I have decided to revamp the layout of the blog so that it doesn't give you a brain tumour when reading white on black.


The final few months have been the most hectic of my life, and I have learned so much much throughout this one year. It feels as though it was just yesterday I was picking up a Sony EX3 for the first time and wondering how to turn it on, whilst now I have worked on countless productions, not to mention having produced, directed and written a twenty minute film (along with the phenomenal people along the way who made it all possible, and to whom I am eternally grateful).

I am also delighted to announce that I recently received possibly one of my greatest compliments in the film industry to date, back in June of this year, from none other than the Raindance Film Festival. The fact that they have taken the time to acknowledge even a little bit of my work (writing or otherwise), is greatly appreciated.

I have always been an advocate of Twitter once I discovered its powers, and I can honestly say that my daily intake of articles published by Raindance, the brilliant Elliot Grove and other excellent writers has aided my progression 10-fold. I don't usually find myself writing about companies as such, but I just felt the need to almost show my appreciation by taking the time to compliment this great service, so thank you Raindance.

In other news, Black Peak is still in the edit. I'm still awaiting CGI integration, final edit, colour, and sound to be completed (not much at all!). Once that is done, I am hoping that those who watch it really appreciate the hard work, horrendous weather conditions and blood, sweat and tears we all endured to make it possible.

I will follow up this post with an ACTUAL movie post, however belated.

Hope you are keeping well.

James

No comments:

Post a Comment